Saturday, September 6, 2014

Saturday - Crochet Hook Wraps

Good morning!!!  We have a solid and fast internet service at last! :-)))))))  I have some blog reading to catch up on while I have tea tonight.

Today we are driving to Fall River to visit Joe's cousin.  It's a 3-hour drive but we've been promising Amy and Joannah a trip there before the fall.  I have a "car snack" bag packed and we will take a small cooler for waters.  The MP3 players and headphones are in the bag and Amy's pillow and small blanket will be in the van before we leave.  She naps in the seat at the back of the van during most of the trip, yay.  It's a little work traveling with adult "children".  That's why I only do this once a year.

Next:  Last night I added a few crochet hook wraps to my Etsy shop.  Sometime through the night I got a message from Michelle asking about the size of the pockets.  She uses the Clover hooks with the padded ends which is something I didn't even think of when I made these wraps.  Thank you Michelle for bringing that to my attention.  So many crocheters are using hooks with "grips" and in fact I have a couple…..but totally zoned on it.  I will make hook wraps with a choice of pocket styles.  One to fit original size hooks and one to fit the larger padded hooks.  As you can see from the picture below the pockets are graduated and start out very small for the D hook.


Well that's all I have for now.  I am publishing this because I probably won't get back on today to add anything to it.  We won't be back till later tonight.  

Enjoy the day!



4 comments:

  1. I hope you have a nice, enjoyable trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the new wraps you are making. The materials are so gorgeous I wish I had more needles so I could buy another. lol Good luck on your trip today . I am so happy that you are connecting to cable now. They may be expensive but I find them much more reliable and faster to act when there is a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun on your day trip. I love day trips! We used to take a lot of them back in the day, when I was married and he was still, somewhat, normal. hahahaha...

    That's a great idea to make crochet hooks for the padded hooks. When I bought my Crochet Dude hooks, I was going to get a case for them, but I couldn't because they don't fit in a regular case. The Crochet Dud does have a case, but it's for his regular hooks, not his padded hooks, which doesn't make sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are going to make wraps for bigger handled hooks. I use crochet hooks with a bamboo handle, as they are easier on my hands!! Something new for me to buy in your shop:)

    ReplyDelete